About a year ago I started having really bad pains (comparable to child birth) in my stomach. I lay on the floor and try not to move because it hurts so bad (and the cold tile would help too). It causes nausea, vomiting & other gross stuff. I went to the Dr. and he sent me to get an upper GI (x-rays of my stomach sort of). They determined that I had acid reflux, but they didn't see any ulcers. The Dr. gave me a Rx. Now about 6 month later my flare ups are getting worse & I have had other symptoms that are even grosser. So I called my Dr. and he referred me to a G.I. specialist. So... this Thursday I am to going to get an endoscopy. Basically the Dr. is going to stick a tube with a camera down my throat to look at my stomach and esophagus. He will be looking for any small lesions like ulcers. While they are in there they can do biopsies & treat certain things within reach. Hopefully they can take care of whatever is going on inside my stomach so the pain will go away. Wish me luck!
11 comments:
i love your new look. very cool.
wow, that sounds icky. i'm sorry you've had to be going through that for so long. when is the procedure scheduled for?
GROSS. I hope everything goes okay. Good luck.
Cara, it sounds yucky! I'm so sorry. I hope they can find the problem so you can feel better. Good luck!
Hope it gets better after Thursday! I know it sucks to get that done but it'll be worth it so you can swallow and eat like a normal person. Let me know how it goes!!
OH, so not fun! Let me know if you want me to bring by some bland soup or something! Promise to post the results...
HI! Your blog is so cute and your family is beautiful! Good luck at the Dr. My sister Dani has those same problems. They told her it is just reflux too! She is in crazy pain when it happens. So sad! Well let us all know what it is...maybe I will tell Dani so she can see what they say about you! Good luck!
Good luck! That sounds awful! I hope they can fix whatever it is that is causing all that!
HEY CUZ! How are you? Not so great from the look of you last post. I am sorry your dealing with such an aweful thing. I hope the doctor will figure it out for you. Your kids are adorable!! I was so glad to find your blog, maybe now it won't take 10 years to find out what you are up to.
Oh my gosh. I hope it went okay. We missed you at lunch!
Wow! I had no idea that was going on! I am so sorry to hear that you have been in so much pain! Good luck with everything! Let us know how it goes!
New post please! Haha! Did you get that house?
Post a Comment