Tuesday, April 17, 2007

T-ball






One of things I enjoy doing the most is watching Trevor play t-ball. It is so much fun watching 4 to 6 year olds play ball. They have no idea what they are doing. You always have the kids that run to the pitchers mound instead of running to first. Or the ones that catch the ball and just throw it back to the coach & if they remember to throw it to first base it either goes way over the first baseman's head or it bounces & hits him because he wasn't paying attention. There is also the occasional temper tantrum from the kid who gets thrown out at first. My favorite is when a ball is hit into the outfield the entire team (including the catcher) runs into the outfield to get the ball. Then they wrestle to see who gets to throw it , & then throw it to first base even though the first baseman is still in the outfield crying because he didn't get to throw the ball. Trevor is already doing so much better than he did last year. He can hit the ball the first time with out hitting the tee. He remembers to throw the ball to first base. Now we have got to work on running to first base without his head cranked to the side making sure everyone is watching him. It is so funny to watch. I love it!!! P.S. Sorry about the sun glare. I was to lazy to stand up and walk to other side to take better pictures.

5 comments:

Ami Bethea said...

Oh he's so cute! I can't wait until Stratton is old enough to play t-ball. I was cracking up at your post, I can totally picture everything you were describing! How cute.

Joey said...

You should show Trevor my old t-ball video for some inspiration. I don't mean to brag....but I was pretty dang good!!!!!

Joey said...

the last comment was from me...Stephanie

Mars said...

haha little kids are so funny to watch play sports when they are younger. When does he start his games? I'll be in AZ the first 2 weeks of May in Glendale but I'll be home the weekend in between. Maybe I'd be lucky enough to catch one?

aubrey said...

how cute. i can't wait till max can play sports!